BUDGET & FINANCE COMMITTEE
The Budget and Finance Committee is charges with overseeing the financial status of the Chamber of Commerce:
- It shall consist of not less that three (3) members including the current Treasurer of the Board. Committee members are appointed by the current President and serve for that year. They will report to the Board of Directors quarterly or more frequently as the deem necessary.
- The Chamber operates on a fiscal year starting July 1st through June 30th of the following year. The Committee is responsible to present for review a new budget to the Board of Directors for the next fiscal year no later that the May meeting with the final approval of the budget to be voted on at the following June meeting.
- An annual audit of the Chamber books is to be conducted to a paid third party. The Committee is responsible for
- reviewing the audit and reporting to the Board at the August meeting.
Chairman: Scott Knight
GOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS COMMITTEE (GRC)
The mission of the Government Relations Committee is to add value to our business community and to the community at large through the following means:
- By acting as an advocate for business on behalf of Chamber Members.
- By maintaining ties and contacts with local government officials that foster open communication and cooperation thus offering opportunity for voice and involvement on issues affecting businesses.
- By heightening awareness within the community on issues pertinent to the business community.
- By bringing Ripon business issues to the attention of local and state levels of government and, by working closely with our City Council and Staff to develop strategies for working with local government that benefit our members.
Chairman: Mike Restuccia
The mission of the Downtown Committee is to realize the vision of a vibrant and vital downtown through collaboration and cooperation with Chambers members, downtown businesses, and local government through the following means:
- By creating awareness of the opportunities and benefits that downtown Ripon holds for the community as a whole.
- By encouraging economic development within the context of Downtown preservation.
- By creating community awareness of issues unique to Downtown.
- By improving municipal, individual business, and property owners support of efforts to maintain the vitality of Downtown.
- The Committee shall consist of no less than three Board Members appointed by the Board President. There shall be a Chairperson who is responsible to conduct quarterly meetings,(additional meetings as needed). It shall be the responsibility of the Chair-person to review City agendas and minutes for topic of interest to bring to the Committee.
- At the discretion of the Committee, other interested parties may be invited to participate in discussions that may
- concern them. Chairperson is responsible for reporting all actives of the Committee to the Board.
Chairman: Janet Dyk
The Personnel Committee shall be responsible for:
- Annually evaluating the Executive Director. An evaluation tool shall be used. The Committee will take input from the Directors.
- Based on that input plus other information gathered by the Committee, a summary evaluation report will be developed. That report shall be presented to the Board of Directors at the May meeting for review and approval. Following that meeting, the Personnel Committee will review the summary evaluation with the Executive Director.
- Meet with the Executive Director once each quarter and discuss the performance of office employees and any personnel issues or concerns there might be on the part of the Executive Director, the Committee or the Board.
- Assisting the Executive Director in the recruitment, employment, and supervision of Chamber employees.
- Monitoring the performance of all Chamber employees and providing guidance and assistance where needed. The Committee will work with the Executive Director and shall not directly interfere in office procedures and operations.
Chairman: Leo Zuber
AMBASSADOR OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE/MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
The Ambassador Oversight Committee is charged with the duty of locating and coordinating the Ambassadors in their functions, reporting back to the Board of Directors:
- At least one (1) committee member shall attend the meetings of the Ambassadors.
- The committee shall consist of three (3) members appointed by the current Board President to serve for a one year term. He/she shall report to the Board of Directors quarterly or as needed at the regular monthly board meeting.
- There shall be nine (9) Ambassadors chosen by the committee and leadership of three (3) shall be assigned to each committee member.
- Committee members will work one on one with those people to implement the Ambassador Program.
The Membership Committee shall be responsible for the overall welfare of the membership activities of the Ripon Chamber of Commerce. This mission will be accomplished in two specific areas pertaining to Chamber membership:
- The recruitment of new members - Seek out potential members and market the Ripon Chamber of Commerce in an effort to have all businesses and organizations operating in Ripon become members.
- The retention of current members - Continually look for new and innovative ways to demonstrate the value of maintaining a membership in the Ripon Chamber of Commerce.
- The membership committee shall continually monitor and reinforce the benefits of Chamber membership. The committee shall endeavor to maintain a relationship with the membership by personal contact with each member annually to solicit input and feedback as to the value they receive.
Chairman: Mike Nash